Friday, January 25, 2008

Why I wanted a camera

Last year I was blessed to be able to read Eyes of Wonder which was a blog by a beautiful woman named Jewels. She had an amazing way of writing that just put peace in your heart. Unfortunately, Jewels shut her blog down a couple of months after I found it. I used to look forward to going to her blog each day, reading her gracious words and looking at her amazing pictures. She had a way of taking pictures that told a whole story. Her pictures were so good, I wrote to her and asked her what kind of camera she used. She responded to my email not only with the kind of camera she used, but with encouraging words for me.
Jewels' blog was a pictorial journal of her days. Pictures of everyday events, lovely scenes from around her home and her children.
I wanted a camera so I could capture our life like Jewels did. I told my husband about the camera I wanted and figured it would be a long time before we could get it. But, this past Christmas my husband surprised me and bought me the camera. Now, I am trying to learn how to take good pictures.
But this week I used my camera to take pictures of life happening here.


Abby enjoying a quiet afternoon on the couch.


Hannah after school.

Thank you for letting me share part of our day with you.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I miss her blog, too. She really inspired me to start recording more of the everyday moments in my own family's life.

Sweet photos!

Unknown said...

I didn't know you were blogging. Tells you how much I talk to you about you and not about my crazy life. I love these pictures. I love it when they're sleeping...so peaceful. :)