Thursday, April 3, 2008

Learning Through Moving

I am learning through this move that I have way too much stuff and not enough room for all of it. I want all my toys (fabric, patterns, pictures, kitchen stuff and books) around me, but there is so much stuff I can't find a place for it. I find it so easy right now to just give things to Goodwill. I am thankful that God has given me the ability to just let go of things right now. I just wish I would have been able to do this before we moved all these boxes here.
I have had the deep desire to live a simpler life. Now is a time for action!

I want to live a simpler life because:

• It takes a lot less time to clean up.

• You can find things easier.

• I will have more time with my family.

• I love to relax in a clean uncluttered room.

Somebody might ask why I don't sell the things we are getting rid of to help our family. My simple answer is I don't want to have things sitting around waiting to be sold. Plus, there is always a temptation to just keep things. We have been living with boxes for over a month now. It is time.
My mantra for this week is, "Simpler is better".

No comments: