Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Using the dishwasher for drying


Today I want to share a tip for using your dishwasher. When we used to have a dishwasher and the weather was very hot, I would use the dishwasher as a drying rack. This way I would not use the electricity during the day to do a load of dishes. I would hand wash the dishes and put them in the dishwasher to air dry. It kept my counters clear of a bunch of dishes. This was especially nice when we would have company. It is also helpful when you have limited counter space.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

What a great idea!! I am going to do this the next time I have to let the dishes air dry. Most of the time my kids dry and put away.

CC said...

My husband is Chinese-American and he said that this is the most popular use of the dishwasher amongst his family and their friends. He didn't really know that it could "wash" dishes as well as dry them until he was quite old! LOL!