Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Resolved 2009

Tonight, as I sat down to do my quiet time, I decided to not only do my daily Bible reading and prayer. I also decided to review a message a day from the Resolved conference and think through the message and take away at least one thing I can be working on in my life. Resolved was such an amazing blessing for me, I don't want it to fade with time as just a good memory. I want to be able to go back next year a changed person from all I learned at Resolved 2009.


Resolved Night #1

Dr. Rick Holland
Message: The War Against Your Soul
Reference: 1 Peter 2: 11-12

The greatest danger in warfare is underestimating your enemy.

We are in a war (whether we know it or not) and I am the enemy. Ouch

Three mistakes we make:

We humanize God.
We glorify ourselves.
We minimize our sin.

Being a christian citizen demands the fight. If we are not fighting against sin we are dead.

Do you know the associates of Satan in your heart? Which is the strongest?

This last question is the most important thing I took from this message. I don't want to have anything of Satan's in my heart. I need to look at my heart and the sin I struggle with and understand if I am not fighting that sin, I am giving Satan a spot in my heart.

"Be killing sin or it will be killing you" - John Owen


Along with a review of the messages I wanted to include pictures from the weekend.

Here are the pictures from the first night.


The mountains outside the Palm Springs convention center.


Kathy and Valerie enjoying Sherman's sandwiches.


Our wristbands to get in.


The crowd waiting to get in. I must say this is the only part of the weekend
I did not like.


The stage. It is hard to see but there are lanterns hanging above the
stage with flickering candles (artificial). Amazing something so
simple could add so much beauty.

Tomorrow I will post about day 2 at Resolved.

Here are some links to see a lot more about the weekend:

You can download the MP3's for free at Resolved.org (you just have to sign up for a free account). Hit the media link to find all the messages from this year and 2007 and 2008. This is a treasure chest being offered for free.

You can also go to Resolved's Facebook account and see pictures from each day.


No comments: