Saturday morning the conference was started off with a great time of worshipping God in music. The music was amazing and seemed to fit perfectly with every message all weekend long. I am so thankful to Enfield for leading our music for the whole weekend, they are a truly gifted group.
Resolved Session #2 (Saturday morning)
Dr. Steve Lawson
Message: Blessed Bankruptcy
Reference: Matthew 5:3
5 Keys to Truth
1. Priority- All the beatitudes come after, being poor in spirit. We can't be merciful, a peacemaker, etc. unless we are poor in spirit. In order to have riches in heaven, we must file bankruptcy on earth.
2. Promise- Blessed is the opposite of wrath. Blessed means happy now, Heaven later. Blessed is deep seeded joy. Psalm 1:1.
3. Paradox- Blessed are the poor in spirit, the world just can't understand how you can be poor and blessed.
4. Picture- Being poor in spirit doesn't mean being financially poor, a poor personality or having self-pity. Being poor in spirit means coming empty handed to God.
I have nothing
I am nothing
I can do nothing
5. Pronouncement- Theirs (those poor in spirit) is the kingdom of Heaven.
What a great sinner I am, and what a great Savior He is.
As I review this message, I am taken back to the statement that, being poor in spirit means coming empty handed to God. I can't offer Him anything. Everything I have and am is because of God. I am a sinner saved by HIS grace.